Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

End of the Eighth Day

Day eight has come to a close, and I have begun to see some hope for my word count. Week two is going to be filled with speed-writing in an attempt to make up for the lack of words in week one, and all the while I'm trying to maintain quality as well as quantity. I am currently at 2,512 words, which isn't good AT ALL, but I'm getting there.
...Eventually.

Also, I wrote myself into a ditch. A ditch that I saw coming for miles but didn't actually realize how deep it was until I fell in.
Okay, to be honest it wasn't all that deep, but it felt like it. I had to write this extremely awkward scene in which two of my main characters meet for the first time. Why, you may ask, is it awkward? Well, one of the characters can't talk and the other is not exactly good with people (plus he didn't know that the other couldn't speak). That led to quite an issue. On top of that, they were in the middle of a rainstorm, standing out on the sidewalk. So here's what I finally decided on:

~*~

The two stood there for a moment, both waiting for the other to speak first. Rale decided it would be best to greet him, maybe even introduce himself.
"You're going to get mugged again if you just stand there," Rale said bluntly, speaking loudly to be heard over the storm. The other teen seemed to be slightly taken aback, and then he straightened his posture so he no longer leaned against the building. Rale rubbed the back of his neck nervously and waited for a response.

~*~

Heh. I laughed a bit at that. Rale is an interesting character... I always have fun writing about him. :)
I know it needs quite a bit of work still, though I think that'll do for now.

Signing Off,
~Sydney J.

No comments:

Post a Comment