Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

End of an Eternity (At least, that's what it feels like to me...)

Well, it seemed like an eternity. An eternity of writer's block, in which I could not seem to write ANYTHING.
The good news? I think I finally managed to carve a path through that stubborn writer's block. I'm now at 2,140 words. I know that isn't very good considering how much time has passed, but I was just stuck. Though now I'm feeling motivated again, which means more words!!! Woohoo!
Now, here's that piece of my novel I promised in the last post:

~*~

The man made an attempt to punch Brycen, but the teen managed to dodge quicker than any Earth Dragon should have been able to. Unfortunately, the rain was still pouring rather hard, and he missed the sound of feet on pavement, of a fist swinging through the air, and even of something coming in harsh contact with his skull. He slipped on the slick ground beneath him and fell to the ground, catching himself on his hands and knees. He knew that he could take them down almost instantly if he needed to, but his moral compass pointed to far in the other direction for him to even consider that as an option. Surely if they knew how strong he really was, they wouldn't have attacked him in the first place. It wasn't wise to mess with the brute force of an Earth Dragon.

~*~

Ok, I know that it still needs a lot of editing. I said "him," "his" and "he" constantly, not to mention the fact that it's a bit choppy and just... I don't know, but it feels like it's lacking something. I also know that this doesn't make much sense out of context, though it does give you a bit of insight into what this character is like. Or at least I hope it does. Either way, I hope you liked it...?

Well, good luck, my fellow novelists!! :D
~Sydney J. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment